Here are some facts about selling situations and people who sell:
- Most presentation made by sales people are about the wrong topic because it is about them, their company and their products
- Most presentations do not end with the presenter asking for the business
- 40 percent of all sales are never closed, they just kind of linger often for years
Most people who sell:
- Take rejection personally, which keeps them from asking for what they want
- Believe people buy for logical and then emotional reason so that is what they present
- Are afraid of and avoid talking about money, so they are willing to compete based on the lowest price possible
- Believe the buyer is in control and always right, so they refuse to lead or challenge their buyers during the sales process
- Believe they must be subservient to the buyer so they shrink when challenged by the buyer
- Believe they must get the buyer to like them if they are going to make the sell so instead of being a leader they become a “but kisser” and instead of closing they become a “feeler outer”
As you can imagine, a “butt kisser”, a “feeler outer”, a person who shrinks, a person who refuses to lead, someone willing to lower his or her price, a person who is scared to ask for the money and a person presenting the wrong information is not going to close a lot of deals.
That’s why so many business owner and sales professionals aren’t making the kind of money they should be making.
Most business owners and first-time sellers are phenomenal at making and delivering their products and services. The problem is, they are equally terrible at selling them. The only question is, will they run out of money before they figure out how to sell.
That is why step two of this process is …